Through our research and consulting services we clarify risks and identify opportunities for improvement. We enable organisations to develop policies and take practical steps to improve the lives of workers and communities.
We help organisations demonstrate their respect for labour standards, human rights and gender equality
Ergon is an independent private company, owned by its directors and registered in the UK. With no third parties to satisfy, we can focus entirely on our clients. We bring broad professional knowledge and long experience to bear on their issues and concerns.
We pride ourselves on providing insight and advice that is clear, practical and tailored to individual needs. It is grounded in international good practice, informed by peer comparisons and attuned to emerging developments.
Our clients include international financial institutions, leading brands and corporations, international agencies and multi-stakeholder platforms. Recent clients include:
- European Commission
- International Labour Organisation (ILO)
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- World Bank
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Apple Inc.
- Co-operative Food
- Hilton Worldwide, Inc.
- John Lewis Partnership
- Marks & Spencer
- Stora Enso
- Target Corporation
- Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI)
- Fair Labor Association (FLA)
- Fairtrade International (FLO)
- Dutch Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH)
- Better Cotton Initiative (BCI)
- Utz Certified
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Oxfam GB
We recruit people with diverse backgrounds and long professional experience, including:
- Responsible supply chains: ethical trade policy, implementation and reporting
- Project finance: transaction support on social issues, capacity-building, project assessments
- Human rights: business policy, practical due diligence, internal development and training
- Employment law: interpretation of international standards and implementation of national laws
- Human resource management: capacity-building for compliance with codes of conduct
- Gender: project mainstreaming and policy implementation at enterprise level
- Labour market analysis: gender dimensions, skills analysis.
Collectively we have worked in more than 40 countries across four continents. Our team includes fluent speakers of English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Portuguese.
Our clients are diverse too. They span major international agencies, international brands and corporations, and leading multi-stakeholder platforms.